top of page
Crashed Car


Have you been injured in a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)?


The mandated regulations (Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule or SABS) provide everyone injured in an accident with compensation, regardless of who was at fault.

Compensation is provided under the law whether it was the driver, passenger, pedestrians, or anyone else involved in the collision.

This is standard coverage among Ontario Auto Insurance policies. Please review your policy after the accident and make sure to report all the accident details to your broker and the authorities.

After an accident, you may be entitled to the following benefits:

  • Income Replacement Benefit (IRB)

  • Non-Earner Benefit (NEB)

  • Caregiver Benefit

  • Compensation of other Expenses (Repairs, lost Educational expenses etc.)

  • Medical Benefits

  • Rehabilitation Benefits

  • Attendant Care Benefits

How we can help

In order to use time most efficiently, contact Unison to book the Comprehensive Accident Impact Report, so we can review your medical file and provide you with proper medical advice and guidance, as well as prepare the necessary medical Claim Forms, and comprehensive Assessment Reports, that will assist your lawyer with your case arbitration.


We are also happy to assist and advise you on any documentation and procedural questions you may have along the way.


Timing is of essence in any medical insurance claim!

It is highly advisable to hire an experienced personal-injury lawyer, to assist you with timely and accurate claim handling, for a successful claim resolution and maximize benefits available to you.


You are expected to submit the Accident Benefits Application package.

Make sure to review and prepare the following documents:

  • Application for Accident Benefits (OCF-1)

  • Employer's Confirmation of Income (OCF-2)

  • Disability Certificate (OCF-3)

  • Permission to Disclose Health Information (OCF-5)

  • Treatment Confirmation Form (OCF-23) OR Treatment and Assessment Plan (OCF-18)

*If you have Extended Health Coverage (EHC), it will be used first (priority) to cover your expenses.

Need a recommendation for a trusted, experienced lawyer?

We can help here, too.

Get in touch, and we will be happy to connect you with one of our trusted legal partners!

bottom of page